Friday, April 10, 2015

An Interest in Suminagashi

Howdy folks, Thanks for stopping by!

Recently I came across some images of a Suminagashi  video and it started the thoughts flowing in my mind...   I really enjoyed how subtle some of the creations could be, and I decided it was time to add a new hobby to the mix!

so I'm starting out slow and trying to gather the materials needed to work, Not on paper as is traditional, but Silk.

As I learn and progress, I will update my progress and add pics here, don't expect a lot initially, I think it's going to be a slow process, and it's hitting summer, so will be out and about camping and hiking as well, but PLEASE, follow and come along with my journey if Silk and dyes are your thing!  Will be happy to spend the time with you!

An example of what I have in mind is HERE  though I also might try my hand at Ebru  At this point, it's all a grand experiment :)




No comments:

Post a Comment